This dessert is very simple to make. We will make them delicious croissant that we can buy, we turn them into ingenious Abyssinians filled with pastry cream. To give that taste to the delicious fried pastries we will also coat them with sugar and cinnamon. Do you dare with this sweet recipe?
If you like to use leftover croissants you can prepare this pudding with a few simple steps.
- -8 butter flavored croissants
- -250 ml of whole milk
- -2 egg yolks
- -22 g cornstarch or cornmeal
- -75 g of sugar
- -1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- -1 small bowl of sugar
- -Half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- -250 g of sunflower oil
- In a small pot Add the 250 ml of milk, the 75 g of sugar, 22 g of cornstarch, the teaspoon of vanilla extract and the 2 egg yolks. Stir well and heat over medium high heat.
- As you get warmer we lower the fire and let it boil little by little so that it curdles. Do not stop stirring until the cream sets. As a recommendation, it should not be curdled over high heat, since the yolks can break, curdle and spoil the cream.
- We put heat the oil in a small skillet. Add the croissants and fry them until golden brown. We take them out and let them drain on a plate on a piece of paper.
- We prepare the sugar bowl and mix it with half a teaspoon of cinnamon powdered.
- When the croissants are cold we batter them with the mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the pastry cream inside a pastry bag with a wide, curly mouthpiece. We open the croissants in half and fill them. Thanks to the nozzle we can make the filling have a nice shape.