Taking advantage of the fact that we are still in the mushroom season and it has also started to get really cold, nothing better than a rich and comforting Potato, chanterelle and clam stew. You will see that it is not very complicated to do, the most important thing perhaps, make sure that the chanterelles are very clean and do not carry dirt and that the clams do not have sand, since otherwise we could spoil the whole plate.
For, clean the mushrooms I have always heard that it is better to remove dirt with a damp cloth than no water, and I always try to do it. Although if I find a mushroom with abundant soil, I do not hesitate to clean under the tap and dry. To ensure that the clams not lead arenaI usually leave them for a few hours before preparing the recipe in salt water so that they open and expel all the grains of sand that they may have.
- 150 gr. potato
- 40 gr. green pepper
- 100 gr. chanterelles, rovellones
- 80 gr. clams or chirlas
- 80 gr. of onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce fried
- ½ liter of water
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablet of concentrated vegetable broth
- In a saucepan with oil, sauté the finely chopped onion, pepper and garlic.
- Once the vegetables begin to be poached, add the clean mushrooms cut into medium pieces. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the fried tomato, the stock cube, the paprika and salt to taste (with control, we have already put the stock cube containing salt). Sauté for a couple more minutes.
- Add the potatoes, peeled and cut into medium pieces.
- Pour in the water and cook for 20-30 minutes until the potato is well done and the liquid has reduced.
- In the last minutes of cooking, add the cleaned and drained clams.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
In this way, we can take advantage of the starch contained in the potato so that the stew or stew thickens naturally.