Today's aubergines are going to be prepared with bechamel. We will also put some pieces of cooked ham and, of course, we will finish with mozzarella on the surface. The aubergines will be grilled first and then, once we have formed our layers, we will finish cooking everything in the oven.
It is a dish inspired by the aubergines "parmigiana", by how we are forming the layers. What do you not have cooked ham? Then replace it with another ingredient: canned tuna, minced meat (already sautéed) ...
It looks like lasagna but actually does not have pasta. And I anticipate that, just for the appearance, the little ones tend to like it a lot.
- 2 eggplants
- Sal Island
- Olive oil
- 70 butter g
- 100 g flour
- 1300g milk
- 150 g of cooked ham
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- We wash the aubergines. We cut them into slices.
- We add a little salt to them and cook them on the grill with olive oil.
- We are putting them on a plate with absorbent paper and we reserve them.
- We prepare the bechamel. To do this, we put the butter in a large pan or saucepan. When it is hot we add the flour and cook it for 1 or 2 minutes.
- We incorporate the milk, little by little and without stopping to stir.
- Now we are forming the layers. We put a little bechamel on the base. Next we distribute some slices of aubergine and put on them some pieces of cooked ham.
- We cover with bechamel and repeat these layers until we have no more eggplant.
- We finished with more bechamel.
- Place the mozzarella in pieces on the surface, well distributed.
- Bake at 180º for approximately 30 minutes, until we see that the surface is golden.
More information - Eggplant parmigiana