This stew of beans with clams it's a delight. It is done over low heat, as it has to be. And thanks to the photos of the step you will see that preparing it takes time but that it is not complicated.
The important thing is to put the soak beans the night before and then cook them starting from cold water. As the stew asks us for water, we will add the water it needs, but always cold.
Perhaps the most traditional beans are with chorizo but I encourage you to try this recipe. I'm sure you are going to love it.
- 600 g of white beans
- ½ bell pepper in two pieces
- 2 Bay leaves
- A small piece of onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cold water
- 2 or 3 potatoes
- 300 g of frozen clams
- 40 g olive oil
- A small piece of chopped onion (about ¼ of a medium onion)
- A teaspoon of flour
- A tablespoon of fried tomato
- The night before its preparation we put the beans to soak.
- The next day we put the beans, the pepper, the bay leaf, the onion in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- We put the fire and we add cold water when you need it.
- After approximately 2 hours we peel and chop the potatoes and continue cooking.
- While the potatoes are cooking, we wash the clams in warm water and put them in water so that they open.
- When the potatoes are cooked, after about 30 or 45 minutes, add the clams already opened and without water.
- Prepare the arrangement by putting the oil, onion, flour and tomato in a small frying pan.
- When the sauce is ready we add it to our beans.
- We salt and let it cook, all together, for about 10 minutes.
More information - White beans with chorizo