At home we love spoon dishes. The black beans that we show you today are characterized because, in addition to carrying carrots, celery, blood sausage, chorizo ... they have some grains of rice.
El rice We will add it at the end, when the beans are well cooked. It seems incredible but, with a little rice, the dish changes. It also makes the broth even thicker and allows us to add less flour in the arrangement or even omit it.
We are going to prepare them as I like them, giving them their time in cooking. Will be made to simmer, en casserole, and it will take about three hours to be soft and ready.
- 700 g of black beans
- A bunch of celery
- Carrots 2
- 1 large potato
- Cold water
- ½ sausage
- ½ blood sausage
- A slice of bacon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Sal Island
- 100 g of rice
- The night before we put the beans to soak.
- In the morning we put our beans in the cocotte, together with the piece of celery, the peeled carrot and the potato, also peeled. We cover with water at room temperature or cold.
- Let it cook for at least an hour.
- We incorporate the meat.
- We continue with the cooking, until the beans are soft.
- In a saucepan we prepare the arrangement, sautéing in two tablespoons of oil, the paprika, the flour and the salt.
- One minute will be enough.
- We incorporate this mixture to the stew that we have in the cocotte.
- After a few minutes we add the rice.
- Let it cook for another 20 minutes.
- Let stand another 5 minutes and serve immediately.