The names of the different types of pasta seem complicated but, if we translate them, they make all the sense in the world. Today's pasta is called bucatini simply because buco is hole. They are actually like thick spaghetti but with a hole in the center.
We are going to prepare them at the Versuviana, with a delicious tomato sauce that we will have ready in about 20 minutes.
The first thing we will do is cook the pasta. While the water boils and then we carry out the cooking we can prepare our delicious homemade sauce.
- 30 g oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chilli
- 400 g of passata
- 1 pinch of salt
- 360 g of bucatini
- 60 g of black olives
- 20 g capers
- Dried oregano
- We put water to boil in a saucepan.
- While the water boils, we mince the garlic clove.
- Sauté it in a frying pan, with a little olive oil and the chilli.
- When it is golden brown, add the passata, salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, when the water boils, cook the bucatini for the time indicated on the package.
- We prepare the olives and capers, removing their preservation liquid.
- Add the olives and capers to the tomato sauce.
- Add the oregano and cook another 5 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it slightly.
- We serve the pasta with the tomato sauce.
More information - Seven tips for cooking pasta, how is it made in Italy?