We teach you how to prepare a sweet that, in addition to being beautiful, is delicious: the Danube
We are going to fill it with angel hair. That you don't have angel hair or you don't like it very much? Well fill it with jam or with pastry cream.
Will have to take several hours because we are going to use little baker's yeast. If you are in a hurry, you can increase the amount of yeast and the resting times will be reduced. Think that the dough has to double in volume.
- 500 g flour
- 160g milk
- 100 g of sugar
- 30 g olive oil
- 5 g fresh baker's yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk to paint the surface
- Angel hair
- We mix the flour, milk and yeast.
- We add the sugar, also the eggs and the oil.
- We mix and knead, by hand or with a food processor.
- We form a ball with the dough and put it in a large bowl.
- We let it rise for about 6 hours.
- After that time we knead again to remove the air. We divide the dough into 16 portions.
- We take a portion. We form a ball, squash it and put in angel hair in the center. We close forming a ball and put the part of the joint in contact with the surface of the mold.
- We do the same with each of the portions and we distribute them in the mold, mine of 26 centimeters in diameter.
- We let it rise 1 or 2 more hours.
- We paint the surface with the egg yolk.
- Bake at 180º for approximately 35 minutes. If we see that the surface is browning too much, we can cover the surface with aluminum foil.
More information - Jam in the microwave