It will not take us long to prepare this rice with seafood, especially if you already have the broth made or you use brick broth.
We will use frozen seafood and we will fry it in a wide frying pan with a little oil, where we will later cook all the rice.
The star ingredient in this recipe is turmeric, a spice that does not give too much flavor but that adds a spectacular color to the dish.
- A splash of olive oil
- Frozen seafood mix
- 1 Carrot
- One or two bunches of celery
- 1 Tomate
- ½ onion
- About 3 liters of water
- Sal Island
- Aromatic herbs
- 3 cups of parboiled rice
- Put the vegetables and water in a pot. We put it on the fire and cook the broth. If we want the broth to be prepared quickly, we can use the pressure cooker.
- Put a splash of oil in a large frying pan. Sauté the seafood (we can put it directly frozen).
- Once the seafood is cooked, add the turmeric and let it cook for a few minutes.
- We add the rice.
- We fry it too.
- As we have put 3 glasses of rice we are going to add 6 glasses of water and a little more (six and a half glasses).
- Let the rice cook. If we see that the rice is not cooked and is getting dry, we can add a little more water.
- When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat. Let it rest for about 5 minutes and serve.
More information - Turmeric bread, perfect for making savory toasts