Today we are going to prepare some butter pastes very simple. They are made with basic ingredients: flour, sugar, egg ... and we will put a little grated nutmeg on them that will give them a special touch.
La nutmeg It can be substituted with other ingredients that aromatize: cinnamon, grated lemon peel, grated orange peel ... Take your tastes into account when choosing.
Once they are cold we are going to sprinkle them with powdered sugar. We will do it with a simple strainer, so everything will be well homogeneous.
- 500 g flour
- 160 g of sugar
- Sal Island
- Ground cinnamon and grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- Yolks 2
- 150 g of lard
- We put the flour, sugar and spices in a bowl.
- We mix.
- Now add the butter, the two whole eggs and the two yolks.
- We mix and knead.
- We spread the dough with a rolling pin, on a sheet of greaseproof paper or directly on the worktop.
- We cut our cookies with a cutter of about 5 centimeters in diameter and we put them on the baking sheet, on baking paper.
- Bake at 180º (preheated oven) for about 20 minutes, until we see that the cookies are golden brown.
- Once the cookies are out of the oven, let them cool. When they are cold, sprinkle the surface with icing sugar, using a strainer.
We will also need two trays to place them and make baking.
More information - How to take advantage of dried lemons