We are in full tomato season and it is the best time to enjoy homemade sauces and to make preserves. The fried tomato that we propose today has, how could it be otherwise, a lot of tomato, but also a little onion and green pepper.
Then we will grind everything, so of those ingredients we will only have their flavor because they will not be seen.
It can keep in mason jars. Keep in mind that the jars have to be very clean and that they have to be cooked afterwards in a water bath, as is done with homemade preserves.
- 1500 g of tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- We wash and dry the tomatoes. We chop them up and put them in a pan.
- We prepare the onion and the pepper.
- We chop the onion and put it in another pan with about two tablespoons of olive oil, to poach it.
- When the onion is practically done add the pepper, chopped.
- When the onion and pepper are cooked, we add the tomato, without adding the oil.
- We continue cooking everything for a few more minutes.
- We blend with a mixer and we have our tomato sauce ready.
More information - Cooking Tricks: How to Make Canned Vegetables