We are going to prepare another rich one salad for this summer. Green beans are its main ingredient. We will cook them with a few pieces of potato and carrot and then we will mix them with other natural ingredients.
The dressing, a homemade mustard mayonnaise, is prepared in a moment. What do you not want to take out the mixer? Well, use the purchased mayonnaise and your salad will be even easier.
The green beans They are rich in vitamin C. They are good for the immune system, for the bones ... and they are also very low in calories. With today's recipe, we can even enjoy them in the form of a salad.
- 350 g of green beans
- 140 g carrot (weight once peeled)
- 300 g of potato (weight once peeled)
- 280 g of natural tomato
- 65 g of pitted olives
- 1 egg
- A splash of lemon juice
- A little bit of salt
- 100 g of sunflower oil
- We put water in a saucepan and put it on the fire.
- We wash the beans, remove the ends and chop them.
- We peel the carrot and chop it too.
- We do the same with the potato.
- When the water begins to boil, add the green beans, the potato and the carrot. Everything already clean and in pieces.
- While it is cooking we prepare the tomato that will go raw: we peel and chop them.
- If the olives are very big, we chop them too.
- We prepare the mayonnaise by putting all the ingredients of it in a tall glass and making it emulsify with the mixer. Once done we put it in a bowl and keep it in the refrigerator.
- When our vegetables are cooked we take them out of the saucepan, passing them through a strainer to remove the water. We can preserve the cooking water and use it for other preparations, such as vegetable broth.
- We let our vegetables cool.
- Once cold, we add it to the tomato and the olives. Let cool in the refrigerator until serving time.
- We serve our salad with the mayonnaise that we have previously prepared.