Prepare fresh pasta at home is not difficult. The ingredients we need are only two: flour, eggs. We have to mix them until we get a dough like the one seen in the photo. Then we will only have to extend it until we get very, very thin sheets and give it the desired shape.
To spread it we can use a roller and, better yet, the grandmother gosling, which is how the specific machine is called in Italy. This machine also allows us to cut the already extended dough, for example, in the form of tagliatelle.
Do you sell special flours to prepare fresh pasta. We also find eggs with the orangeiest yolk on the market, perfect for these preparations.
Remembering the proportions of flour and egg is very easy. It is always 1 egg per 100 g of flour. Easy right? Do not add salt, we will put this ingredient later, in the cooking water.
Fresh pasta is cooked in slightly salty water. When the water boils, add the salt and let it cook for a few minutes (it takes much less cooking time than dry pasta). Once cooked, we drain it slightly and serve it with our sauce favorite.
- 400 g of flour for fresh pasta
- 4 eggs
- We put the flour in a bowl or directly on a work surface and, in the center, the eggs.
- Mix well with your hands or with a food processor until you get a ball of dough.
- We spread the dough with a roller or with a specific machine.
- We cut the dough as we are interested, in this case, in the form of tagliatelle.
- Then we will only have to cook the dough in boiling water with a little salt.
- We drain it slightly and serve it with the sauce that we like the most.