Making a mashed potato is very simple, especially if we have the kitchen utensil that I show you in the photos. It serves to mash the potatoes once cooked and one of the advantages it has is that we can do it in the saucepan where we have cooked the potatoes, thus avoiding dirtying more pots.
But our puree today has another characteristic: we are going to put Parmesan grated. It will give you exceptional flavor and make it a more complete puree, great for kids.
I like to add a splash of extra virgin olive oil just before serving. You can calmly substitute a teaspoon of butter.
- 1 kg de patatas
- 1 hoja de laurel
- We wash and peel the potatoes.
- We cut them into slices and put them in a saucepan. We cover them with milk.
- We put a bay leaf.
- We place the saucepan on the fire and cook the potatoes. In about 20 minutes they will be cooked.
- When the potatoes are soft, remove the bay leaf and, if we consider it necessary, a little milk from cooking. We don't dump that milk in case we need to add it later.
- We mash the potatoes in the saucepan itself.
- We add the grated Parmesan cheese.
- We grate a little nutmeg over our puree.
- Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and mix well.
- We serve immediately.
More information - Parmesan cheese chips
Be the first to comment