Do you want to surprise at home with a new dish? Let's prepare a warm one, a mix of cereals and legumes to enjoy the rest of winter.
They sell them in the market. They are packages that contain both cereals (wheat, barley...) and legumes (small beans, lentils...). Everything dry. They do not require prior soaking because the legumes are small in size. As a result, we obtain dishes loaded with properties that fill us with energy to face the day as it deserves.
- 25 g leek
- 70 g carrot
- 1 potato
- 500 g of mix of cereals and legumes
- 70 g of chorizo
- Water (about two liters)
- Sal Island
- Two spoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- We wash the mix of cereals and legumes.
- We put water in a saucepan and, when it is hot, add the mix of cereals and legumes.
- Chop the leek, potato and carrot and add it too.
- With a slotted spoon we remove the foam that is created.
- After 30 minutes, add the chorizo and continue cooking.
- When it is well cooked, put a splash of oil in a saucepan and put it on the fire. When hot, add the teaspoon of flour and cook for a minute.
- Add this mixture of flour and oil to the saucepan and continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- And we already have our stew ready to serve.