- 1 cup (300 ml.) Couscous
- 1 cup or 300 ml. chicken broth
- 200 gr. boneless and chopped chicken thigh
- 200 gr. peeled prawns
- vegetables for stir-frying (garlic, onion, tomato, green or red pepper)
- some sweet paprika
- a few strands of saffron
- 1 hoja de laurel
- olive oil
Couscous, like rice, is very grateful when it comes to being combined with other ingredients. Lean meats, fish and vegetables can perfectly accompany this derivative of durum wheat semolina. With the same products that we usually put in a mixed meat and seafood paella, we will prepare a complete plate of couscous.
1. Firstly, brown the seasoned chicken in a paella with a base of oil. Once sautéed, we remove it and in the same fat we sauté the chopped vegetables very well until they are a concentrated sauce.
2. Put the prawns in the sauce and season with the bay leaf and the rest of the spices. We give a couple of turns to the sauté and add the chicken. Cook for a few minutes to finish cooking the prawns.
3. Pour the hot broth into the paella pan and wait for it to boil. Then, we add the couscous, gently shake the paella pan to distribute it well over its entire surface, turn off the heat and cover with a kitchen towel. We wait about 5 minutes for the couscous to puff up. We serve immediately, loosening the couscous grains with a fork.