Grandmother's recipes are passed on to mothers and, if we are a bit of a cook, our children learn them. Almost weekly my mother used, and does, prepare this yellow rice with lean pork, not too complicated to make. Yes, do it with love and on a slow fire.
This is how those homemade recipes that taste so good and that permeate the house with their smell at mealtime are cooked. This rice is very tasty and comfortable to eat, since it has no bones to get in the way (as it happens to which it takes chicken). Total, what I dedicate this post to my mother in her day ...
- 250 gr. of rice
- 300 gr. lean chopped pork
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 green peppers
- fine wine from Montilla-Moriles
- saffron threads
- 1 hoja de laurel
- extra virgin olive oil
- canned red peppers
- We put a wide saucepan with a good base of oil on the fire and brown the lean meat with a little salt and the bay leaf. When the meat takes on a uniform color, we remove it from the saucepan and transfer it to a plate.
- In that same oil, we prepare a sauce with the peeled tomato, the pepper and the minced garlic. When they are very well poached, we return the meat to the pot. Add the rest of the spices and the colorant, rectify the salt.
- Pour a good stream of wine and let it reduce over low heat so that the lean meat becomes tender at the same time.
- So, we put the rice in the saucepan, stir a little and cover with hot water. Salt if necessary and cook the rice over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 18 minutes.
- It is time to decorate the rice with some strips of red pepper, we can even add a little bit of the juice from the preserve, and let it rest for about 5 minutes with the pot covered and serve.
Recipe inspired by the image of My grandmother
2 comments, leave yours
Excellent homemade recipe, greetings.
Thank you very much!