When there is a plum tree at home loaded with fruit, the best thing we can do is prepare a delicious Plum jam. It is what I have done. They are plums just picked from the tree so you have to look, one by one, how they are inside and discard those that are not good.
The ingredients of this jam are very simple. In addition to the plums we will add sugar (in my case, whole sugar) and lemon juice.
By not carrying too much sugar, I recommend that the keep in the refrigerator, even if you have done the water bath to the jars.
- 1500 g of plums (weight already pitted)
- 250 g of whole cane sugar
- The juice of ½ lemon
- We wash the plums well.
- We remove the bone and we put them in a wide saucepan. Pour over them the whole cane sugar.
- We add the lemon juice. If the lemon has many seeds, we can put a strainer between the juice and the saucepan to prevent them from falling into it.
- We put it on the fire. I have it on low heat (at a minimum) for about 50 minutes, and I mix from time to time.
- When the plums are done they will look like this.
- It will be time to grind everything with a food processor or with a mixer.
- And now we have our jam ready.
More information - How to make homemade canned vegetables