It always comes in handy to have a sheet of puff pastry in the fridge or freezer. It can get us out of trouble since with it we can prepare a quick sweet for any occasion. As an example, today's recipe: a puff pastry dessert with cream and fresh fruit.
In addition to the puff pastry we will need two other preparations. One is the custard cream. The other is a mixture that will serve to brighten the surface.
On the other hand we are going to chop fruit that we have at home. In my case, apple, pear and banana. Of course, you can use cherries, strawberries, kiwi... in short, fruit with more color that will make it an even more attractive sweet.
Here we go with the recipe.
- 1 rectangular puff pastry sheet
- 60 g of sugar
- 30 g flour
- 500g milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 apples
- 3 pears
- 1 plátano
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 75 g of sugar
- 75 g of water
- 6 grams of cornstarch
- Spread the sheet of puff pastry on a baking tray, leaving the baking paper on the base. Prick the sheet with a fork.
- We bake it at 180º (preheated oven) for approximately 20 minutes or until we see that it is cooked.
- Prepare the pastry cream in a Thermomix or in a saucepan. If it is in a saucepan we will have to stir constantly so that lumps do not form. If we do it in Thermomix, we put first the sugar and the flour and program 20 seconds, speed 7. Then we add the milk and the eggs and program 7 minutes, 90º, speed 4.
- Peel and chop the fruit. Put it in a bowl with the sugar and lemon juice. We mix.
- To make that mixture that will make our fruit shine, we only have to put the 75 g of sugar, 75 g of water and the cornstarch in a saucepan and heat without stopping stirring so that no lumps form. When it starts to boil we continue stirring and when it has thickened we turn off the heat.
- We assemble our candy..
- On the already baked puff pastry we spread the cream that we have prepared in Thermomix.
- On top of that cream we distribute the fruit.
- We paint our fruit and puff pastry with that mixture of sugar, cornstarch and water that we just made.
More information - Pastry cream, exquisite fillings for cakes