Pumpkin for Halloween! These cookies are not only shaped like the characteristic enchanted pumpkin, but they also have it in their dough. Pumpkin makes these biscuits a little sweet, tasty and aromatic.
Pumpkin cookies for Halloween
Pumpkin for Halloween! These cookies are not only in the shape of the characteristic haunted pumpkin but also have it in their dough. They are very good
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 600 gr. clean pumpkin (without skin or seeds)
- 1 whole egg + 2 egg yolks
- 300 gr. Of flour
- 125 gr. of butter
- 1 lemon
- 250 gr. sugar
- 2 tablespoons of sweet wine
- 1 pinch of salt
- Chop the pumpkin and put it in a saucepan. Cover it with water and cook over low heat until tender. Then, add the sugar (about 100 gr.) and the lemon zest and let the pumpkin caramelize. If we see that it is too sticky, we add water. If the opposite occurs, we increase the dose of sugar or remove water.
- Let the pumpkin cool and if necessary crush it a little. We should be left with some kind of jam.
- To prepare the cookie dough, mix the flour with the salt, the softened butter, 150 grams of sugar and two egg yolks. Stir until well mixed. Then, we add the wine and the whole egg. Finally, we add the pumpkin jam. Knead the dough until it is compact and homogeneous. We form a ball with it, wrap it in film and let it refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After the resting time, we stretch it with a rolling pin and form a sheet half a centimeter thick (depending on the one we want for the cookies). We cut the pasta with special molds or a cardboard template.
- We arrange them separated from each other on a baking tray covered with non-stick paper. Bake the cookies at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool out of the oven and onto a wire rack before serving.
Another option: Fill the cookies with more pumpkin or other fruit jam.
Be the first to comment