- 250 grams of canned chickpeas
- 100 gr. chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- spices (lemon juice, ground cumin, fresh coriander, pepper ...)
- chickpea flour (optional)
If you fancy some falafel (fried chickpea balls) but you don't want to wait a whole day for the chickpeas to be bumped into water, Use this quick and even cheaper recipe since we will make them with canned chickpeas. And if you have leftover stew, much better.
Preparation: 1. We crush the chickpeas in a mincer, preferably.
2. We also chop the onion and garlic and add them to the chickpea paste. If we find that the texture is not doughy and manageable enough, we add a little chickpea flour.
3. We spice the falafel and mix the dough.
4. Make small medallions with the dough, emborrize them in chickpea flour or breadcrumbs and fry them in plenty of hot oil.
Another option: Light version that consists of cooking the falafel in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 8-10 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Be the first to comment