Galeras are a seafood that may not be as popular as other types of seafood, prawns or prawns, but I assure you that they have an incredible flavor, cooked, in soup, grilled ... they are delicious, but make a rice with galleys and cuttlefish It implies that all its flavor passes to the rice and it is delicious.
For the rices I usually buy sepia dirty to take advantage of salsa that it carries inside. The sauce is a light brown bag that is next to the ink, it is the spleen of the cuttlefish and I assure you that the stir-fries and rice using the sauce they have a superior taste.
Today I show you in this recipe how we prepare our rice with galleys and cuttlefish at home, which this time also has crabs that will add even more flavor, so simply to lick your fingers.
- 400 gr. of rice
- 800 ml of fish broth
- ½ onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 6-8 galleys
- 6-8 crabs
- 1 cuttlefish with its sauce
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 teaspoon of La Vega paprika
- 1 saffron ground saffron
- olive oil
- Chop the onion and garlic into small pieces and fry them in the paella pan or paella with a splash of olive oil.
- When the onion begins to soften, add the crabs and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the galleys and cook them also for a couple of minutes until we see that they begin to change slightly in color. After this time, remove them and reserve on a plate.
- Then we will add the cuttlefish cut into pieces to the paella pan along with its sauce.
- With the help of a spoon or spatula, break the sack of the sauce so that its content is released and mixes with the sauce.
- Add the finely chopped or grated tomato and the paprika. Stir well for a minute so that the paprika is integrated with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the ground saffron to add color to the rice.
- Pour 1 or 2 glasses of the fish stock that we have prepared and give the sauce a few turns so that all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Then add the rest of the broth, put on a high heat and bring to a boil.
- When the broth comes to a boil, add the rice, spreading it well throughout the container. As soon as it boils again, leave it over medium heat.
- After about 10-12 minutes, place the galleys that we had reserved over the rice and let it finish cooking until the rice is ready and all the liquid has been absorbed. The approximate cooking time for rice is 20 minutes, although it may vary a bit depending on the type of rice.
- Let stand a couple of minutes before serving.