Last weekend, taking advantage of the fact that they wanted rice at home and that I had some chops in the fridge that I had to give out, I prepared this rice with needle chops and mushrooms which was delicious.
The truth is that rice combines wonderfully with an infinity of ingredients, so I encourage you to take advantage of what you have in the fridge with a little common sense to prepare your rice dishes, totally personalized and surely very rich.
We are clear that there are some rice recipes that are made more than others and that are more widespread in Spanish households, but what ingredients do you use or what type of rice do you usually make more at home? Your comments will surely help us to give ideas and discover new recipes or ways to prepare rice.
- 200 gr. of assorted mushrooms
- 400 gr. of rice
- 800 gr. meat broth
- 300 gr. needle chops, diced
- 1 green pepper Italian type
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika sweet
- chopped parsley
- Season the marlin chop tacos.
- Sauté them in a frying pan with a little oil.
- Once the meat begins to brown, remove from the pan and reserve.
- Chop the peppers and garlic cloves into small cubes.
- Put oil in a frying pan and fry over medium heat, stirring until the vegetables begin to poach.
- Then add the assortment of mushrooms, which can be natural, packaged or frozen. Sauté in the pan with the vegetables until we see that they begin to soften.
- Then add the meat that we had reserved, the tomato, the cumin, the bay leaf and the sweet paprika. Stir well and adjust the salt point.
- Then add the rice and stir again, cooking for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the broth over the rice.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then lower the heat to keep cooking and cook for 15-20 minutes. The cooking time of the rice will depend on the type of rice we use and also on the area of Spain in which we are.
- Check that the rice is done, let it rest for a few minutes and serve.