Table of Contents
- 250 gr. of butter
- 5 cups of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 5 cups potato or pastry flour
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- a few drops of vinegar
From the look it looks in the photo we already know that, despite its name, this cake has to be delicious. As it is so colorful, It looks great at a party or children's snack. El spettekaka (pie on a skewer) is one of the most popular pastry recipes typical of Sweden. It is prepared by cooking it around a stick, hence its name. We provide you with the recipe in a domestic version.
1. We preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
2. We prepare the dough. With the electric rods, beat the butter and sugar until white and creamy. We add the eggs one by one as we beat them in the cream. We add the flour and we are stirring little by little until integrating it and obtaining a homogeneous and smooth dough. We introduce this mass in a pastry bag.
3. We take a baking tray and cover it with non-stick paper.
4. We form several threads of dough in the tray, arranging them separated from each other. It does not matter that they are not of a very similar size, so the spettekaka will come out a little irregular and more artistic.
5. Bake the donuts for a few minutes so that they solidify and come out dry and crisp, letting them dry as they are ready on a rack.
6. We prepare the glaze by combining the icing sugar with the white and vinegar. We stack the donuts, gluing them with glaze. Once the spettekaka is formed, we bathe it with threads of glaze, which we can color.
Recipe inspired by the image of Bukisa
Be the first to comment