With lettuce and pickled cucumber We are going to turn a potato salad into a summery one. We will also put pickled mussels and we will use the liquid from the can to flavor the mayonnaise.
To make this type of salad, it is best to cook the potato and carrot in advance. This way we will have those ingredients very cold when we start preparing the recipe.
The eggs, if you like them with the liquid yolk, it is better to cook them when we want to bring our salad to the table. If you prefer them with a well curdled yolk, you can cook them before, along with the rest of the ingredients.
- 4 eggs
- 100 g of lettuce
- 7 pickles in vinegar
- 8 medium potatoes cooked
- 5 cooked carrots
- 1 can of pickled mussels (we will also use the liquid)
- Cook the eggs (about nine minutes, so that the yolk remains soft)
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves. We chop them up.
- We also chop the pickles in vinegar and put them next to the lettuce.
- We now prepare the potato and carrot. To cook them we have used a pressure cooker but you can cook them in the traditional saucepan. Put them in the water unpeeled, with only a small cut in the skin.
- Peel the potato and carrot when they are cold. We chop them.
- We add them to the rest of the ingredients.
- We open the can of mussels. Put the mussels together with the rest of the ingredients and reserve the liquid.
- If we want we can flavor the mayonnaise by adding the liquid from the mussels and mixing well.
More information - Kitchen tricks: how to cook eggs without breaking them