It makes a good stomach and refreshes us. A watermelon jelly for dessert? We must take advantage of the fact that we are in full season for this wonderful fruit.
As we know that it has a high water content, we are going to prepare a homemade jelly.
I put the amount of gelatin that I used. Of course, I recommend that you read the instructions of the gelatin that you are going to use to check how many grams or sheets you need
- 750 g watermelon, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 little water
- 15 g gelatin sheets of gelatin (The ratio of leaves to amount of liquid varies depending on the brand, so read the instructions)
- We cut the watermelon. We are going to need only the pulp, without seeds.
- We put the pulp and sugar in a food processor or in the glass of a blender.
- We crush.
- Strain well to obtain more or less 700 g of juice.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water to soften them.
- Drain them and dissolve them in a little hot water.
- Mix the gelatin with the watermelon juice.
- Pour the juice into the molds or cups and let it set in the fridge for a few hours.