- 2 large squid or cuttlefish
- 1 chorizo pepper
- 1 cebolla
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a little green and red pepper
- 250 ml. crushed tomato
- 1 chilli
- white wine
- White pepper
- saffron powder
With a rich sauce prepared with the classic vegetable stir-fry and a touch of spice. This is this typical squid stew to which, like the potatoes a la Riojana, you can add choricito.
1. Cut the squid into strips, wash and dry well and reserve.
2. Make a sauce with all the julienned vegetables (onion, peppers and minced garlic) and a good background of oil until they are well poached. Then we add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate. Add the tomato and the dried chorizo pepper in pieces and without the seeds. We let the sauce reduce and take on an intense color.
3. We pass the sauce through the Chinese if we want.
4. In another casserole, sauté the squid seasoned with the chilli and with oil. We brown them and add the vegetable sauce and saffron. We cover the casserole and let the stew cook over medium heat until the squid are tender.