We love the puff pastry empanadas. They are very easy to make, especially if we already have the dough made. And that happens to us with today's empanada, which we are going to prepare with two sheets of puff pastry, one of those that we find in the supermarket in the refrigerated area.
As a filling we are going to prepare a vegetable sauce with mince. don't forget the roasted pepper because they will give a special touch to our empanada.
My puff pastry is round but, of course, if you have two rectangular puff pastry sheets, you will get the same result but with a different shape.
- 3 shallots
- Carrots 2
- 1 celery twig
- 30 g olive oil
- Sal Island
- 650 g of mixed minced meat (pork and beef)
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, round
- Some strips of roasted peppers
- 1 egg or a little milk to paint the surface
- We prepare the vegetables.
- Peel and chop the shallots; wash and chop the leek; Peel and chop the carrot.
- We put our vegetables in a pan with a splash of olive oil.
- Let it cook and if necessary add a little water so that it cooks well and prevents it from burning.
- When the carrot is soft, we add our meat.
- We cook it stirring from time to time and integrating it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Unroll one of the puff pastry sheets and place it on a baking tray, without removing the baking paper that usually comes with the package.
- We put our meat and vegetables on the puff pastry sheet.
- Arrange a few strips of roasted red pepper on top.
- We close the empanada with the other sheet of puff pastry. Seal the edges by creasing with your fingers or using a fork. Make a few holes in the surface using a fork.
- Brush the surface with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake at 200º (preheated oven) for approximately 30 minutes.
More information - Roasted peppers with the aroma of rosemary