An pumpkin cream ideal for dinners. It can be prepared in advance and crushed, along with milk, when dinner time arrives.
Pumpkin is a seasonal product and we are already on our way to autumn, so it is time to enjoy creams like today's. Do you dare to prepare it? I assure you that Kids love it.
We are going to put a few basil leaves on each plate. If you want to give prominence to this ingredient, do not hesitate to crush about 5 leaves when crush all. I don't know if you know, but basil can be preserved. Here is the link on how to do it. canned basil.
- 500 g pumpkin
- 45 g shallot (2 shallots)
- 30 g of extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g of potato (weight once peeled)
- 200 g of water
- Sal Island
- Between 550 and 700 g of milk
- Some basil leaves
- We put the pumpkin in the microwave and heat it for 2 or three minutes. In this way it will be easier for us to remove the skin and chop it.
- Peel and chop the pumpkin.
- Cut the shallots into quarters.
- Heat a cocote with oil. We can also use a saucepan. Add the chopped pumpkin and shallot.
- Peel and chop the potatoes.
- We put them together with the rest of the ingredients, in the cocote.
- Add the water, put the lid on and let cook for half an hour, until everything is very soft. We uncover from time to time to see how the cooking is going and add water if we consider it necessary.
- When all the ingredients are well cooked, turn off the heat and let cool.
- We put our cooked vegetables together with the water that has remained in a food processor or in the blender glass.
- We add the milk, salt and pepper.
- We crush until obtaining the necessary consistency, adding milk if we consider it necessary.
- Served with some basil leaves.
More information - Canned basil