If you like to make simple desserts, here are some that look spectacular. We have used filo pastry, a dough that we can now get in many supermarkets and we have completed it with a very easy vanilla cream. For the cream we have used an envelope to make custard, so you only have to heat and voila! You will love its crunchy texture and flavor.
If you are interested in simple desserts with pastry cream you can try our "cream filled straws"
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 1 envelope to make custard
- 2 level tablespoons corn flour
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package of phyllo dough
- 100 butter g
- 50 g sugar (optional)
- A tablespoon of powder sugar to sprinkle
- A pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
- We prepare the custard cream. In a large saucepan, pour the liter of milk, the envelope of making custard, the two tablespoons of cornstarch and the sugar. We put it on a strong fire and wait for it to start to get hot, without stopping stirring. Then we lower the heat to medium strong and wait for it to start to thicken, always stirring continually. We reserve the cream.
- Put the butter in a bowl and heat it melt in the microwave over low heat. with melted butter we spread the mold that we are going to use to prepare the cake.
- We stretch the sheets of filo pastry and with the help of a brush we will go buttering the surface in one of them. We can sprinkle a little sugar, it is optional. We will begin to fold the dough accordion-shaped. Remember that the folds have to be as high as the cake pan.
- Roll up the first dough flower-shaped and place it in the center of the pan.
- The next step is the same as the previous one, we return to spread one of the sheets in butter and we double it again. we place it around the first sheet rolled up inside the mould.
- Consequently we will be doing the same until we go filling in all the holes in the mold, yes, respecting the flower shape.
- We put it in the oven, with heat up and down, 170 ° for 10 minutes.
- When we have it ready, between the holes formed we will pour the cream that we have prepared very carefully. We put it back in 180 ° oven with heat only below during 20 minutes, or until you see that it has curdled.
- When it is cold we can take it out of the mold and sprinkle with icing sugar and ground cinnamon.