This recipe is based on a delicious puff pastry and a very simple dessert. We will make a quick base by fixing some puff pastry strips and we will cover it with an almond cream. We will cover with a healthy sliced apple and we will give it shine with a sweet jam. Dare to delight yourself with this delicacy.
If you like apple desserts, you can see how to make a delicious apple sponge cake or how to make some puff pastry with apple and ricotta.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry already made
- 80 g of ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour
- 40 g soft butter
- 40 g of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Two small apples
- 1 beaten egg to paint the surface
- This recipe is for two cakes. In a container, add the 80 g of ground almonds, the egg, the tablespoon of flour, the 40 g of softened butter, the 40 g of sugar and the teaspoon of vanilla extract. We mix it well with a spoon by hand or with the help of a whisk.
- We prepare our puff pastry sheet spreading it on the table. We are going to cut some strips on two of the elongated edges. We take a ruler and we mark 1,5 cm wide of each strip and with the help of the ruler we will cut it in its entire length and straight. We cut up to 6 strips.
- In the narrowest part of the puff pastry too we will cut up to 6 strips. The rectangular mass that we have left we fold it in half and we seal it with a little water.
- We are placing the strips on the edges of the dough and we are joining them with a little I beaten egg or with water.
- At the base that has been formed we prick with a fork so that when it is baked it does not increase in volume. We fill it with a thin layer of the cream that we have prepared.
- We cut the apple in thin segments and we put them above in order. With the beaten egg we paint the entire surface of the puff pastry. We put it in the oven at 180 ° with heat up and down until we see that it is golden, about 20 or 25 minutes. No matter how the cake is spread, the recipe looks great.